I read about a candle spell on the web somewhere where you used the symbol of the triskele to ask for wealth, happiness and love at midsummer. I decided to tweak it a bit and make it more mine.
What you need:
- A bowl
- A bit of honey
- (Yellow) flowers, buttercups are best!
- Gold glitter
- 3 floating candles
What you do:
- Prepare for the ritual how you normally do (smoke cleanse, shower, cast a circle, whatever gets you in touch with your magic)
- Pour the sunwater into the bowl, enough that the candles and the flowers will float.
- Place the candles into the water, but don’t light them yet.
- Focus for a moment on bees. Think on them, on what they do. They work very hard and protect the hive. Think on those qualities within yourself.
- Pour a bit of honey into the water and say: “Sacred bees, makes of gold. Providers for hearth and home, I ask you for wealth and prosperity”. Now light the first candle.
- Focus for a moment on flowers. Think on them, what they represent. They grow and bloom and spread colour and happiness everywhere. Think on those qualities within yourself.
- Place the flowers into the bowl and say: “Sacred flowers of meadow and forest. You who spread colour and joy, I ask you for luck and happiness.” Now light the second candle.
- Focus for a moment on the Sun. Think on it’s power and radiance. It’s warmth and the feelings of summer. The way it shines and brings feelings of love to all it touches.
- Sprinkle some glitter onto the water and say: “Sacred Sun, wise and ancient. You whose gilded rays reveal beauty. I ask you to fill my heart with love for all that I am.” Now light the third candle.
- Sit for a while and look at the candles. Let their light warm you.
- If you perform this with a group, have one candle per person instead. Place the honey, flowers and glitter in the bowl while reciting the spell and then light your candle.
(First posted on my Tumblr)