Of course this has been a terrible year. A year which was filled with trauma, and anxiety for a lot of people. Lots of social upheaval, next to a global pandemic. It’s been tough and it has been hell. But today, on Yule, I also wanted to focus on the good things 2020 has brought me, no matter how small.
- Musicals and Shakespeare – Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Hairspray Live!, Kinky Boots, the Descendants, Black Friday, the Greatest Showman, Jingle Jangle, McBeth (Great Performances and Shakespeare’s Globe), A Midsummer Night’s Dream (the National Theatre and Shakespeare’s Globe), Gypsy, War of the Worlds, Richard II, Fame, Cats, Wiz Live!, Shakespeare’s Sonnets, Hamilton, Hades Town, Over the Moon
- New witchy YouTubers – Joey Morris, Kelly-Ann Maddox, Dawn Michelle, the Witches’ Cookery, Papa Squirrel, Arith Härger, Eris Elizabeth, Shadow Harvest, Thorn Mooney, theShadowMoonWitch
- Built a temple room!
- A rekindling of my craft
- Revival of my website and writing
- Discovered a part of the park near my house
- Ate wild blackberries and walnuts
- Deepened and rekindled friendships
- Found a new favourite cookie recipe – peanut butter and chocolate cookie from the book Home Sweet Home by Hummingbird’s Bakery
- Was asked to write an endorsement for a book about Dutch mythology and magic!
- Discovered new series – the Witcher, Queer Eye more than a makeover, Crazy Delicious, Zumbo’s Just Desserts, Community, Sugar Rush
- New books – Minimum Wage Magic, a Court of Thorns and Roses, the Witch’s Altar, the House Witch, Folklore, Maar waar kom je écht vandaan?
- New music – Victory, Halestorm, Ruelle, Twigs and Twine, Árstíðir, Emian, Andra Day, the Greatest Showman: Reimagined, Martine Kraft
- New movies – Pride and Prejudice, the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- New artists – Sylvia Strijk, Maartje van Dokkum, Sara Tisdale (Sergle), Michalina Grzegorz
- Cultivated art for my temple room
- Made some powerful art myself
- Found a painted stone in the wild!
- Discovered Pumpkin Spice- and London Fog lattes
- Cultivated (not found, cultivated!) my inner strength to stand up for myself and protect my boundaries
- Spent a lot of time with my husband
- Opened myself up and discovered a lot of ingrained prejudice and started working through it
- Got a gorgeous, new, custom made coat
- Saw the Hu in concert
- Celebrated Castlefest online
- Had a gorgeous and misty Mabon
- Acceptance of my sexual-, romantic-, and gender identity
- Clarity about my career
- Reconnected with my tarot and oracle decks
- Stardew Valley
- So much D&D!
Let me know: despite everything, what has this year brought you?
2 thoughts on “What 2020 brought me”
While the outer world has often been a horror show, on a quieter and more local level, 2020 has indeed brought some great personal blessings. My garden went from a mud-scape, after having to remove two diseased maples at the start of 2020, to a beautiful place that is enjoyable to look out on and that has some wildlife-friendly features, like a new little pond I created and that the frogs adore. Also have become closer to some very cool neighbors in my new town and gained a lot of strength and clarity in general, including spiritually. Picking up Polytheist blogging this year has been absolutely wonderful. Through this space, we get a chance to meet lovely online friends from around the world!
Wishing you a very, very Joyous Yule!
LikeLiked by 1 person
So lovely! And indeed, picking up blogging again has brought wonderful blessings and friendships. Wishing you a Yule filled with warmth, light and comfiness!
LikeLiked by 1 person